Thursday 28 February 2008

Small things in BBSR...

As you must have gathered from my previous blogs, i am currently in BBSR Campus. One more day, and Iwill be in my flight back to cochin
I had no idea how Bhubhaneswar was when i had taken up this assignment. But some instinct of mine told me that things are going to be fine.
May be its because of my experience in shanghai, the creeps i get when a change happens, like a new place and new environment is far lesser than what it used to be before.

I must say, that i have been lucky to have got this opportunity to come down here.
The reasons are listed below:)

1. I was provided a very cosy accomodation at the ECC(Employee Care Center).
a. Well made beds
b. TV - with all possible channels
c. Neat bathroom
d. Gym - in the same building( which i should have visited more often)
e. Laundry service - which i have made use of totally:)

2. The Climate : extremely pleasant climate and it issimply amazing to curl up on your bed and watch tv or read books

3. The amount of time I had for myself here. I didnt have to answer to anybody here (not work wise), and Icould just take my own time to do things Ilove to do..no pressure to do anythign in a hurry

4. My friends Kaushik and Mitali - the only family I knew here, and who were so warm to me that they invited me over to their house, and it was fun to eat mitali's good food, and the shopping afterwards and the jokes cracked

5. The new track I was introduced here was challenging for me, but then..i am not gonna miss work anyways;)
6. The small visit to the cinema hall with my teammates who had no inhibitons in making me part of their gang. Well i must say my expertise in the hindi language remains the same;) inspite of people speaking only in hindi to me....:)

As the day has approached for me to leave this place, I am happy I took up this chance and realised that even small things that u take for granted in life,are the ones that make u feel immensely happy...you just dont realise it till you gear up to move on for deal with the next change in life:)
Thinking optimistically( a very rare thing my side) any change can lead you to happiness, if you have decided to be happy.
Note : Dont think that i always decide to be happy:), But as everybody else I wish to be happy 24/7:)

Keep Smiling:) and Bye BBSR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another try at art - Peacock feather

Since my maternity leave started, I have been wanting to do some art work. Also the upstairs bedroom really needed some kind of color in it....