Wednesday 23 December 2009

Back to the brush once more.....




My first memories of drawing were the ones where I used to sit with other children under a huge tent with free colors in coconut shells provided for us to use. This is the Universal Arts Competition, which used to be held once a year, for which my dad had taken me till I was like 10 yrs old. I used to randomly draw something on the chart paper there along with my cousin who also used to accompany me.

My dad later sent me for drawing classes, and I had learnt a few basic things about drawing there.
Even though my artistic skills were not the best, I still used to take part in a few competitions in school. I soon realized that I suck at drawing with a "theme" or imaginative drawing. Give me a picture to look and draw and I can recreate atleast 50%. So from the above one can understand how mediocre I am in this art.

Well, after years of not touching the brush, I decided to give it a try again last week. Above is a picture I drew. Its a simple one, but the important thing for me was how happy it made me feel.

Moral of the story : Trees are artist's best friend. Even the worst artist(like me) can manage to intepret it in their own way( With a few strokes here and there) and it still will look like a Tree:)

4 comments:

Another try at art - Peacock feather

Since my maternity leave started, I have been wanting to do some art work. Also the upstairs bedroom really needed some kind of color in it....