Thursday 31 January 2008

BBSR Food & Me

Well...its been three weeks since i came to Bhubhaneswar. The DC is nice, a nice change from Chennai..(for a short while though;)) and I  have comfortable accommodation( TV with all possible channels in the room, something we dont have in chennai).The people are nice and food was also OK. I thought to myself.."wow good decision to come here, this is a nice change."

But as days passed by, my poor stomach started acting weirdly.....The food provided in the food court(north Indian lunch/dinner) started becoming tasteless for me...
The south Indian caterers..provided equally bad lunch,where sambhar and rasam were just names given to liquids served with rice!!
I was a victim of food poisoning for a few days during which the only things i had was cornflakes and milk and sometimes bread.

I usually skip lunch because of the above said issues, but then realizing it as a bad practice, I decided to have lunch from Cafe Coffee Day here. With great eagerness, I bought a chicken sandwich, a cold sparkle and a chicken wrap...total - Rs100.

I started with the wrap...Oh no!!! too much onions:( .Then I gave that up and gave a bite to the sandwich, which I later realized had BAD tasting chicken and had to stop and the cold sparkle was simply ice with a little coffee powder!!When I dumped everything into the waste basket, it was equivalent to throwing my 100 rupee note inside.Somehow, I just silently walked away, not even bothering to complain to the CCD people(for some reason, the guy who took my orders, looked like a very innocent fellow!!! that saved him!!!)

I was starving and in the evening,taking a chance, I ordered cheese omelette.
Well they were right from the pan and tasted delicious!!! I finally found something which was tasty and knew i could survive on them!!! I was happy.

The moment I told this to my friend here....He said "Hey..Dont have any chicken, or Egg items. There is a report about bird flu"!!!
Well...there goes my cheese omelette!!!!

Now I thrive on soup and bread toast and milk!

And reading this, if any of you feel that I might have lose some weight, well u know me too well;)..I always find stuff to eat..because of the simple fact..I love eating;)

P.S...i do try to diet;)

3 comments:

  1. Even i was a victim of food poisining last day... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little write up Anupama. Feel sorry for you. But one can only relate to how all of us folks away from home have to cope with tasteless albeit expensive outlet foods that do more harm than good. But we do not tend to complain most often and is left wondering why. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anu... really sad that u have starved but didnt reduce in weight.. hey just kidding. but the write up was good..

    ReplyDelete

Another try at art - Peacock feather

Since my maternity leave started, I have been wanting to do some art work. Also the upstairs bedroom really needed some kind of color in it....